What does “Arts-focused Education” mean?
- Increased instructional minutes for Music (60), Art (60), and Dance (30) per week. Drama is scheduled as part of music class.
- Comprehensive strategy to incorporate “arts-focused” activities in the core subjects.
- Use of “Arts Attack” Curriculum to teach core visual arts learning.
- Dance instruction in a wide variety of styles from certified and professional dancers (Dance Play).
- School-wide mosaic with professional artist in October, 2013.
- Use of iPads and Chrome Books in creative projects.
- Increased staff to give students more arts exposure.
- Music instruction from a qualified Music teacher to ECDP students (pre-Kindergarten) to grade 6.
- Art instruction from a qualified Art teacher to ECDP students (pre-Kindergarten) to grade 6.
- Professional development and collaboration with established “Arts-focused” schools in Edmonton.
What does it NOT mean?
- Sports teams or programs not affected. Student interest determines sports teams and extra-curricular programs.
- Core instructional requirements are met.
- Length of the school day is the same.
- No additional fees for enhanced Arts programming.